As a business or property owner, you are responsible for maintaining your trees near public property. If one of your trees falls and harms a person or damages property, you could be held responsible. Make sure your trees are healthy and minimize risk with public tree inspection services from Treemasters.
Why Should I Get a Public Tree Inspection?
Routine tree inspections offer many benefits:
- Increased Tree Health: Regular inspections will help identify early signs of disease, pest infestations, or structural weaknesses, allowing you to address these issues quickly before the tree becomes a safety hazard.
- Public Safety: Trees that suffer from disease, have broken branches or are leaning pose a risk to the public, endangering pedestrians, vehicles, and nearby properties or structures.
- Stops the Spread of Pests and Diseases: Inspections help identify any pests or diseases the tree might be suffering from before they are able to transfer to and harm other trees.
Need a Tree and Plant Healthcare Estimate?
Click below to leave your information and we will call you right back!
How Often Should You Get Tree Inspections?
Tree inspections are an essential part of tree ownership. Inspections help maintain the health and integrity of your trees and ensure the safety of the public and surrounding structures.
Whether you are a property owner or a municipal officer in charge of maintaining public trees, you should have your trees inspected at least once every 1-3 years.
What is Included in a Public Tree Inspection?
When a Treemasters ISA-certified arborist performs an inspection of your tree they will typically follow these steps:
- Visually inspect the tree for damage or threats
- Check for signs of pests or disease
- Evaluate root and soil health
- Identify potential safety hazards such as leaning trees and overhanging branches
- Make recommendations for treatments, pruning, or removal based on their evaluation.
Public Tree Care FAQs
In general, trees should be inspected at least every 1-3 years but may need to be inspected more often due to heavy storms or other environmental stressors. If you see signs of possible damage, contact Treemasters for an emergency tree inspection.
Tree care responsibilities may lie with property owners, businesses, or the municipality depending on local regulations and where the tree is located. As a tree owner, it is important to research local codes to understand who is responsible for tree care.
Treemasters: Keeping Your Community Safe
Treemasters offers specialized public tree inspection services to ensure public trees are well maintained and not a threat to the community. Our certified arborists are trained to conduct thorough inspections, offer recommendations, and perform any necessary cutting or treatments to ensure your public trees are healthy and not a safety risk to those around them.
Contact Treemasters today to schedule a comprehensive public tree inspection. Together, we can keep our community safe and flourishing!
Public Tree Inspections in San Rafael and the Bay Area
Serving San Rafael Metropolitan Area and SE Marin County